A SHORT STORY - Serving Up Stars: A Cosmic Tale of Love and Loss




I remember the first time I met her. She was a small, delicate creature, with large, almond-shaped eyes that were a deep shade of purple. Her skin was a soft shade of pink, and she had a long, slender tail that trailed behind her as she walked. She was an alien, and she worked in the diner on the edge of space.


I was just passing through, on my way to the next job. I didn't plan on staying long, but there was something about her that drew me in. Maybe it was the way she smiled at me when I walked in, or the way her eyes lit up when she talked about her home planet. Whatever it was, I found myself coming back to the diner every chance I got, just to see her.


Over time, we got to know each other better. She told me stories about her life on her home planet, and I told her about my travels through space. We talked about everything and nothing, and I found myself falling in love with her.


But as much as I loved her, I knew that our time together was limited. She was an alien, and I was a human. We were from two different worlds, and we couldn't be together forever.


One day, I came into the diner and found that she wasn't there. I asked around, but no one knew where she had gone. It wasn't until later that I found out that she had returned to her home planet. She had been called back, to help with a crisis that was unfolding there.


I was devastated. I had lost the one person who had made me feel truly alive, and there was nothing I could do about it. But as I stood there, staring out into the vast expanse of space, I realized something. Even though she was gone, I would always carry a piece of her with me. Her stories, her smile, and her love had become a part of me, and they would stay with me forever.


Looking back, I realize that meeting her was the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though our time together was short, it was worth everything. She taught me that love knows no boundaries, and that sometimes, the most beautiful things in life are the ones that are the most fleeting.


As I stand here now, on the edge of space, I can't help but think of her. She was the one who made this place feel like home, and I will always be grateful for that.


End.

Comments